Monday, April 11, 2011

Sutter and Sutter

Flames aren't in the dance; let the post-mortem begin.  Found it interesting that Brent Sutter verified the rumours about he and his brother not talking after Daryl was fired:

Regrettably, Brent and Darryl Sutter have not spoken since the "resignation" on Dec. 28.
"I've reached out. I just haven't heard back. And that's OK. It's never an easy thing. It was a tough situation for me, and for him, too. I understand that. I respect that.
"He understands, too, the atmosphere a coach is in, the microscope he's under, so probably part of it with Darryl is that he didn't want to bother me.
"At the right time, it'll be fine. It'll all work out.''


This can't help; Brent's comments about Feaster sound like a backhanded indictment of his brother:




Sutter can't say enough about Jay Feaster, the man still awaiting the 'acting' part to be removed from his title. Reading between the lines -and 20/20 vision is NOT required here -the influence and input sought in the two regimes was strikingly different.
"Jay's been someone that has been very supportive. That allows me to coach the way I want. He's let me make decisions the way I see fit. He and I are on the same page in the way we want the team to play. To be quite honest, the last half of the year, we started putting players in the right spots; where they belong on your hockey team.
"You can't get caught up in . . . my job as a coach is to try and win games and not be influenced by other things that could have a negative impact on your hockey club.''
Details such as salary and allegiance.

The whole article is here:

Flames must evaluate good, bad and ugly

No comments: